12KG Class D Sodium Chloride Fire Extinguisher
Comes with Standard Wall Bracket
This fire extinguisher contains a special blended Sodium Chloride based dry powder extinguishing agent. Heat from the fire causes it to cake and form a crust excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal.
Sodium Chloride Base
- Fights against alkali metals (lithium, potassium and sodium ﬁres
- Fights against light metals (aluminium, magnesium and their alloys)
- Suitable for Lithium fires too
There is data showing that zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished with this unique extinguisher.
Suitable for Classes of Fire: D
Approvals: SETSCO SCDF Approved and FM Approved
Manufactured and Tested to ANSI/UL Standards
ISO-9001:2000 / ISO-14001:2004 Certified
The Amerex "soft flow" extension applicator is particularly suited for fighting Class D fires. It keeps the operator's hands away from the extreme heat and prevents inhalation of toxic fumes caused by burning material.
The easily controlled and even discharge provides a non-dispursing application of the agent. The applicator may be quickly detached to provide a straight stream of chemical where greater range, a narrow discharge pattern or a lobbing effect is required.
- Dependable Drawn Steel Cylinders
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Unique "soft flow" extension applicator plus built in long range nozzle
- Special corrosion resistant yellow (Class D) color coded paint finish
- F.M. listed (TO ANSI/UL 299 and ANSI/UL 711)
Extinguishing Agent: Sodium Chloride
Application: Hose & Nozzle or Applicator
Range with Applicator: 3 to 6 ft
Range with Nozzle: 8 to 10 ft
Discharge Time (Applicator): 24 seconds
Discharge Time (Nozzle): 13 seconds
F. M. Approved: Yes
Temperature Range: -40°F to 120°F